Money and British politics - the good, the bad and the ugly
Oct 20th, 2021 by Never Mind The Bar Charts
It's back to more serious matters in this episode of Never Mind The Bar Charts after last time's board game review - the role of money in British politics. I was delighted to have on the show Professor Justin Fisher, one of the country's leading experts on the topic and someone whose research into grassroots politics makes him a better informed expert than many on what really goes inside political parties.
Feedback very welcome, and do share this podcast with others who you think may enjoy it.
- Jeremy Thorpe's role in unlocking the beast of national political spending.
- The independent who got elected as an MP by campaigning to protect a hospital.
- The Elections Bill.
- Justin Fisher's blog post mentioning John O'Farrell and karaoke.
- Justin Fisher's work on non-members helping in election campaigns.
- Tim Bale on the upsides of getting non-members involved formally in parties.
- Justin Fisher on Twitter.
- Theme tune by Hugo Lee.
- New to listening to podcasts? Here are some tips on how to listen to podcasts.
Enjoy the show? Spread the word
- Follow the show on Twitter.
- Like the show on Facebook.
- Share the show's website, www.NeverMindTheBarCharts.com.