Using online advertising to tell Russians the truth about Ukraine
Mar 16th, 2022 by Never Mind The Bar Charts
Internet advertising does not have the best of reputations. But when it comes to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the ability to slip adverts telling the truth pass the eyes of Russian regulators makes it a way of battling Putin's disinformation campaigns. So for the the latest episode of Never Mind The Bar Charts I spoke with Rob Blackie, the public front for a network of volunteers who are running online adverts to get the truth to ordinary Russians.
Feedback very welcome, and do share this podcast with others who you think may enjoy it.
- Donate to the advertising campaign here.
- Marina Ovsyannikova protests on Russian TV.
- TV host blocks one minute silence for Russian war dead.
- Why internet censorship struggles with some words.
- Rob's previous appearances on the podcast.
- Rob Blackie on Twitter.
- Photo by Mathias P.R. Reding on Pexels.com.
- Theme tune by Hugo Lee.
- New to listening to podcasts? Here are some tips on how to listen to podcasts.
Enjoy the show? Spread the word
- Follow the show on Twitter.
- Like the show on Facebook.
- Share the show's website, www.NeverMindTheBarCharts.com.